Monday, December 17, 2007

BeinG FrieNd

Being a friend, I do not care, Not I..
How Gods or men do wrong me en beat me down
His words are sufficient star to travel by
I count him with quiet praise
Being a friend, I do not covet gold
Or the royal gift to give him pleasure,
Just sit with him en make him hold my hand.
Is wealth? I think.. passing the mind treasure?
Being a friend, I only covet art
A white pure flame to search me as i trace.
In crooked letters from a throbbing heart.
The Hymn to beauty written on his face.
Though a seeker since my birth
Here is all I've learned on Earth.
It's the give of what I know
Give advice to buy a foe
Random truths are all i find
Stuck like burrs about my mind
Solve a blister, burn an old letter
And the youth said 'speak to us of friendship'
And he answered saying..
'Your friend is your needs answered'
He's your field which you saw with love
And reap with thanksgiving
And he is your board and your fireside,
For you to come with your hunger,
Seeking him for a place.


By aBie, Nov '07

No comments: